How To Find Wifi Password On iPhone or iPad
First of all let me clear – Believe it or not, unless your iPhone is Jailbreak and a specially designed application is launched for this purpose, you cannot directly find the Wi-Fi network password on the iPhone.It seems strange, right? We don’t know why Apple made this choice, maybe this is for many of the security reasons. Well, fortunately, there are several other options we have covered that you can try to find passwords, and they will be covered in the rest of this article.
If the reason is for sharing wifi with someone well then it’s easy. If you still need it for other reasons, you need to contact your Mac (and we’ll show you how that works just below).
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iOS 11 and Up
There is an easier way to share the Wi-Fi password on iPhone with friends. If you both are using iOS 11 and later versions, you only need to perform a few steps to share the Wi-Fi password.
To use this feature, there are a few requirements you need to meet:
• Both devices need to be running iOS 11.
• Your friend’s Apple ID must be in your Contacts app.
• Bluetooth must be enabled on both your device and your friend’s device.
- Hold your iPhone close to your friend’s iPhone (or iPad). The devices need to be in close physical proximity to use this feature.
- Next, on your friend’s iPhone, try to connect to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to share.
- Tap Share Password.
The password will be sent from your iPhone to your friend’s device and their device will be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
On your iPhone, tap Done.
How to Find the Wi-Fi Password for Your Personal Hotspot
There is another way to find the Wi-Fi password for your personal hotspot.
Personal Hotspot is an iOS feature that allows you to share iPhone ’s cellular data with other adjacent devices via Wi-Fi. In this case, other people near you who want to connect to the Internet via iPhone just need to enter your “Personal Hotspot” password to connect to Wi-Fi. The method to find the hotspot personal password is as follows down:
- Tap Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Move the Personal Hotspot slider to on/green to enable the feature.
- Look at the Wi-Fi Password menu. This is the password to your Personal Hotspot that you need to share with people who want to connect to your iPhone over Wi-Fi[Make it a minimum 8 characters long].
How to Find Wi-Fi Password Using iCloud Keychain
You may not know this, but your iPhone is full of saved passwords for websites, apps, and Wi-Fi networks. These passwords are stored in the iCloud Keychain. and the tool stores your login information and helps you by automatically filling it in the login form.
If you’ve got a Mac, you can view Wi-Fi passwords using iCloud Keychain.iCloud Keychain is similar to Keychain except that it syncs all of your usernames and passwords to any iCloud-compatible device signed into the same account. That means that a Wi-Fi password saved on your iPhone can be viewed on a Mac.
First, start by making sure iCloud Keychain is enabled on your iPhone.Tap the Settings app to open it.
- Tap your name at the top of the Settings screen.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Keychain.
- Move the iCloud Keychain slider to on/green.
- Next, on your Mac, to go the Apple menu in the top right corner and then select System Preferences.
- Click iCloud. Remember, you must be logged into the same iCloud account on the iPhone and the Mac for this to work.
- Click the checkbox next to Keychain. This enables iCloud Keychain and will sync the password from the iPhone to the Mac. This may take a minute or two.
- Next, open the Keychain Access program on your Mac. The easiest way to do this is to open the Spotlight search tool by clicking the Command+Space bar. Type Keychain Access and then click the Return key.
- In the Search box, type the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view.
- In the search results, double-click the Wi-Fi network.
- Click the checkbox next to Show password.
- In the window that pops up, enter the password that you use to log onto your Mac.
- The Wi-Fi network password appears in the Show password field.
How to Lookup Password in Wi-Fi Router Settings
Another way to use your iPhone to find a Wi-Fi password is to go directly to the source: a Wi-Fi router. Assuming that you are using the correct username and password, all Wi-Fi routers let you log in to verify and change settings (for example, passwords).
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to find.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the ‘I’ icon next to the Wi-Fi network name.
- Find the Router field and write down the number listed there (this is the router’s IP address). It is probably something like 192.168.0.1, but could be something else.
- In the Safari web browser (or any web browser on your iPhone), go to the IP address from the last step.
- You’ll be asked to log into your router. You’ll need the username and password you created when you set up the router. Hopefully, you note down somewhere. It’s also possible that you didn’t change the default username and password.
- In that case, it could be something as simple as admin/admin. Also, you can check the user manual of your router to find out the default password and user name or you can also check in Google by putting your router model no to find default user and password.
- Once you’ve logged in, each Wi-Fi router model will have a slightly different set of steps for finding the Wi-Fi password, but look for settings or the name of the Wi-Fi network and you’ll be on the right track.
Note: The steps in this article are for iOS 11 and up only.
This are the methods about How To Find Wifi Password On iPhone hope it helped you a lot.