How To Calculate Volume Of A Cylinder
What is Cylinder: A cylinder is a simple geometric shape with two equal sizes and parallel circular bottom surfaces. If you know the formula, it is easy to calculate the volume of the cylinder.
Here In This Article, You Will Learn How To Calculate Volume Of A Cylinder Step By Step
1. Find the radius of the round base
Since they are the same size, any circle can be used. If you already know the radius, you can continue. If you do n’t know the radius, you can use the ruler to measure the widest part of the circle and then divide it by 2.
This is more accurate than trying to measure half the diameter. Suppose the radius of this cylinder is 1 inch (2.5 cm). Note down.
- If you know the diameter of the circle, just divide it by 2.
- If you know the circumference, then you can divide it by 2π to get the radius.
2. Calculate the area of the circular base
Calculate the area of the circular base. To do this, simply use the formula to find the area of the circle, A = πr. Just plug the radius you found into the equation.
Here’s how to do it:
- A = π x 1
- A = π x 1
- A = π
- Since π is normally rounded to 3.14, you can say that the area of the circular base is 3.14 in.
3. Find the height of the cylinder
If you already know the height, please move on. If not, please use a ruler for the measurement. The Height is the distance between two bottom edges.
Let’s say the height of the cylinder is 4 inches (10.2 cm). Note it down.
4. Multiply the area of the base by the height
You can think of the volume of the cylinder as the area of the base lengthened to the entire height of the cylinder. Since you know that the area of the base is 3.14 in.and that the height is 4 in., you can just multiply the two together to get the volume of the cylinder.
- 3.14 in.x 4 in.= 12.56 in. This is your final answer.
- Always state your final answer in cubic units because the volume is the measure of a Three-Dimensional space.
Watch Video For Detail Understand
> Learn Also <